Kate has been an advisor or key player on the following PharmaVentures M&A mandates:
- Sanofi divestment of Slovak manufacturing site to Wood&Co (2013),
- Merck divestment of R&D facility to BioCity (2012),
- Canadian Biotech out-licensing to mid-size European Pharma Co. (2011),
- Sanofi divestment of 2 R&D sites to Covance (2010),
- UCB sale of 3 manufacturing sites to Aesica (2010) and
- Dr Reddy’s in-licensing of consumer health brands from Vitabiotics (2010).
Kate has more than 15 years of experience in the biotechnology industry and a successful track record in negotiating in and out licensing deals, conducting market evaluations and technical and commercial due diligence.
Kate holds an undergraduate degree from Oxford University and a PhD in Molecular Biology from University College London. Prior to joining PharmaVentures, her previous positions include marketing and research at BD Biosciences, BioCarta and Prolifix. More recently, Kate was the Director of Business Development at TopoTarget.